Coconut Oil French Fries
- one large potato per person
- 6-8 cups Bioglan Coconut Oil
- Sea salt
- Peel the potatoes and cut lengthwise into French fries
- Cover the potatoes with filtered water and let sit for at least 30 minutes
- Put the coconut oil in a heavy pot or a deep fat fryer. If using a heavy saucepan or stock pot, attach the thermometer.
- Dry the potatoes very thoroughly (if they are wet, it can be dangerous when frying) with kitchen roll.
- Preheat the oven to 80 degrees C. Heat coconut oil to 180 degrees, and then carefully add some of the potatoes. Don’t overfill the pan with fries
- Fry for 3 minutes, then, using the basket from the fryer, transfer the fries to the paper towels.
- Wait until the coconut oil heats up again to 180 degrees, then add another batch of potatoes. Fry for 3 minutes, and continue until all done.
- Now it’s time for the second fry. Bring the coconut oil to 190 degrees and then add some of the fries you cooked once
- Fry for 3 1/2 minutes this time, then transfer back to the paper-
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Repeat with the rest of the fries.
- Transfer to oven to keep warm or serve immediately.